Monday, February 1, 2010

2009 Goals

Wow. Back-to-back posts. Dont have a stroke.

After posting that last entry, I was reading through it, and the list of my goals caught my eye. Being 2010 now, I think that it would be appropriate to comment on how things went, and of course, judge myself for failing to get things done...

Short Term Goals: Jan 1, 2010
- Increase savings account to $1,500. FAIL (6.5%). OUCH! There is only $97.29 in my savings account! Well, that sucks. I really need to get back to work on that savings account.
- Start & Get Vet/Emergency Savings to $400. FAIL (63%). I have $251.30 in the Vet savings account. It is not $400, but there is money there. But still, I feel sad that the cats have more money in their account than I have in mine.
- Pay down credit card debt to $6,000 (pay $4,400). FAIL (93%) I did not quite get the credit card debt down to $6000, but now the total is only $6478.79. And I did pay a total of $4081.23, which is better than I thought it would be going into this post.
- Pay down CitiLoan by $2,700. WIN (115%). WOO! This one I did good, but I also think I was setting the goal too low, as $2700 is paying the minimum each month.
- Pay off Capital One ($409.96). WIN (100%). Although, technically I did not pay it off by Jan 1. It was paid off by Feb 1, which is good enough for me.

Mid Term Goals: Apr 15, 2010
- Pay All Federal 2008 Taxes ($3,905). FAIL (51%). Federal taxes are not paid off yet. But I have taken a nice sized chunk of out them. But it is not quite April 15 yet. Here is hoping that I can really get this done. Although, I did manage to pay $2000 to the IRS between August 2009 and February 2010. Maybe at this rate, I will get this done by the summer.
- Pay All State 2008 Taxes ($1,319). WIN (100%) I mailed my last state tax payment in October 2009. WOO!

Okay, so actually looking at things in better detail (which forced me out of bed to the other computer where the Quicken info is), I am not as bad off as I thought I was. I am nowhere near where I want/need to be, but I have accomplished some of my goals and made some nice progress on others. Really, my biggest FAIL is the savings account. And I need to remember not to use the credit card that I can use. Simply keep paying on it. That is hard, but I should be able to do it.

But now, I am off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Today I causally visited your Blog: www.addictedtotoasterstrudel.blogspot.com and was really impressed with some of your articles and pages. I must say that you have spent lot of time and effort to ensure your visitor to gain benefit through quality informative contents. But it is equally more important for you to promote your website so that you can increase your site PR and traffic. For that I can offer you my finance website which has good PR and you can place your links in my content. If you want we can also go for article exchange or guest post.

    Thus visitors coming to my site will automatically get diverted to your site and it will help you to increase your site PR and traffic.

    For any other information please get in touch with me through my mail: sarajames27@gmail.com. If you have anything else in your mind please feel free to share with me.

    Looking for your positive reply.

    Thanks,

    Sara James

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was applying for a loan to purchase my building as a small business owner in a tough situation, conventional banks said they could not help me. Mr Pedro, a loan officer, sat down with me, heard my situation and decided that I was worth taking a chance on. Here we are 3 years later and I have just renewed my loan for another 7 years. I couldn’t have purchased my building without the help of Mr Pedro and will be forever indebted to them for giving me a chance when no one else would."
    I will recommend you to contact a loan officer Mr Pedro on the information below if you need any financial assistance.
    Email & Chat: +1 863 231 0632 pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete