Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Welcome to Addicted to Toaster Strudel

Woo! My first blog post on my new blog. I'm on the cusp of falling asleep (after working the past few hours on customizing and setting up and tweaking the blog), so this is just a quick welcome message and promise to do my best to start the "real" blogging tomorrow.

On of my dearest friends friends writes her own personal finance blog, and a while back, she suggested that I join in and write about myself and my trials and tribulations with my personal finances. She suggested a couple of blogs to check out: Give Me Back My Five Bucks and The Simple Dollar. I spent some time considering this idea, talked it out with the cats, felt intimidated by other bloggers, and then ulitmately decided that I had something to contribute. Thus, tonight, "Addicted to Toaster Strudel" was born.

As with finances, it's good to have goals, and I'm going to start this off with what my goals are for this new venture of mine. This is going to be a way to hold myself accountable for my finances and to set and to monitor my financial goals. Also, I'll be posting my own personal history struggling with money and working on being able to live more comfortably and responsibly with my money. I'll do my best not to get sidetracked with non-finance related things and save those posts for my personal journal.

I hope that by narrating and sharing my own financial life that I'll be able to think more objectively and critically and my highs and lows and to keep track of myself and my money more effectively.

Also, please note, that I'm a scientist by trade, a writer by desire, and that I got a C in my college Econ class by shear force of will and a butt-ton of luck.

(Side Note: The Strudel Tracker bars to the right are by no means accurate right now, because I'm too tired to go to the other computer and look up some actual numbers. This should get fixed with a new post tomorrow evening.)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome OKTURN DELMONIQ!

    The color scheme is fantastic. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH! Thanks. =)

    That really was the hardest part--figuring out how to make it look. But I'm very pleased with the result.

    I'll have to get to the "real" posting tonight.

    ReplyDelete