Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's hot as BALLS in here!

Summer has "officially" (finally?) arrived in the shitty state of Connecticut. And it is balls-sticking-to-your-thigh HOT. I'd complain about the humidity too, but growing up in the south has pretty much desensitized me to humidity.

So, I'm having a crisis and a battle of wills with myself (myselves?). My apartment has central air conditioning. I've never had an apartment with central air before, so I know that I don't need it. I also know that running the bloody thing will drive my electric bill through the roof. These two things are what's keeping me from turning it on. I've promised myself that I wouldn't ever turn it on, because I know how horrible my bills could get (or I fear how high they would be).

But still, sitting here at dusk in a pool of my own sweat, I'm tempted to turn the frakker on. Last night, I rearranged my bedroom furniture so that my bed could be by the window with the fan blowing directly on me. It helped some, but I still yearned for the dry frostiness of the central air.

I think I may need to break down and turn it on when Dr. Faith comes to visit. But I fear that I won't be able to make myself turn it off when she leaves.

Oh but it would be so nice not to be sweaty and gross all the time I'm at home.

**sigh**

One day, I'll be financially stable enough that I won't have to worry about spiking my electric bill in the summer and my gas bill in the winter.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a fan? Fans are MAGICAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup I have a fan. Laying in front of it now. Spent most of last night laying naked in front of it despite the open window, because it was so frakking hot in here. If there were any joggers/walkers on the walking trail they got a eyeful (but I didn't notice anyone).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear... that is QUITE a visual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone besides me should get to see me naked, right?

    ReplyDelete