Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Blahs

UGH. I was so bad. Every morning, BofA emails me my checking account balance. I set that up years ago to help me keep track of what's going on with my money (or rather, when I get low on funds). On Friday, I had about $160. Today, I have -$12!

What went wrong? Well, I had preordered House Season 5 from Amazon when I noticed it was at $0.025/min. And I COMPLETELY FORGOT about it. I spent money on things at Target and Best Buy over the weekend, and on Sunday, I still had money. But Amazon charged me for House today, and my $100 auto-transfer from savings hadn't come in yet.

Grr. This was completely avoidable, and I feel so stupid. I haven't overdrawn my account in a long time. I think I need to stop preordering things.

2 comments:

  1. Ah ha! This explains your text. =)

    And is one of the reasons why I LOVE ING. If I go over, there are no fees, just pay about 8% APR on the amount that you go over. I typically transfer money in the next day so I end up paying PENNIES for miscalculating rather than a $15 transfer fee or a $35 overdraft fee. It is super sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there's more drama than just this. But I'm sick of thinking of it. I think I may open a Wachovia checking and an ING checking and just use the Wachovia for when I need paper checks or something. I think ING won't let you NOT have a non-ING bank account.

    I'm going to work on this over the next week. But let's just say that today was the straw that broke the camels back for BofA.

    ReplyDelete