Friday, August 7, 2009

Still more retarded banking drama.

Yesterday, I got my new debit card in the mail. YAY!

So, today, I went down to the bank to get them to change my PIN number. I walk in and tell the teller that I want to change my PIN number. And my friend (not the teller helping me) says, "Oh, E will have to help you with that."

Instantly, I groan in my head, because E is the same chick that screwed up this whole debit card thing last week. I didn't have high hopes for this working, but seriously, how hard could it be to change a PIN?

Anyway, I sit down with E, and she starts doing things on the computer. She has me enter my desired PIN and confirm my desired PIN. Everything seems okay. I see the pop up on her screen that says "New PIN accepted". Cool. She clicks "OK", and an error message pops up. "That's odd," she says. And she does the exact same set of key strokes and menu options as the first time. I reenter and rereenter my new PIN. She clicks OK, and again, error message.

"Well, let's just go see if this worked," she says. And we walk back out to the teller line. She has me swipe my card and use the new PIN. NOPE. Doesn't work. So, we go back to her desk in the back, and she does the same things again. Finally, she calls the help desk, and she walks the person through what she did (I guess since she gave the person on the phone her IP address that the help desk person could see what was happening on E's computer screen), which means that I have to enter the PIN AGAIN. She gets the error again. And now, E is convinced that the type of card that I signed up for (that I didn't really want anyway) doesn't exist any more. But I tell her that it MUST exist, because I got the card in the mail YESTERDAY.

Now, it's been about 20 minutes, and E is confused as to why my card isn't appearing in her book of cards. So she looks it up online, which takes her several tries to find the right website. My confidence in my bank has plummeted to ZERO at this point. The person on the phone (yes, she's still on the phone) has no idea what's happening (so much for the help desk). And E tells me that I may just have to use the PIN assigned by the bank. WTF?? If I cared to use the assigned PIN, I wouldn't have come in to request to change it!

So, she asks the person on the phone if it's a problem that my account was opened in a different state. I never got exactly what the answer was, but I did get the impression that that wasn't the problem. Anyway, after about 30 minutes in the back room at the bank, the consensus between E and the help desk was that I had to use my card with the assigned PIN a few times and then come back to the bank to try to change the PIN again.

OH MY GOD! What the hell is wrong with these people? First, you tell me I can keep my same card number. Then you tell me I can't because you accidentally canceled my debit card. I have to live for a week with no debit card, and now you're telling me that I can't change my PIN until I use my card! FUCK YOU BANK!

I know for a fact that a friend of mine (married to my friend that works a this shitty bank) changed the PIN on his new debit card before he even got the PIN that was assigned by the bank! How is this possible?

So, I'm going to use my card a couple of times this weekend WITH the assigned PIN, and then I'm going to the bank first thing on Monday and trying to change my PIN again. If they can't do it, I'm going to fucking close my accounts there. What the hell? Banking should NOT be so damn retarded!

1 comment:

  1. Dude! You totally need to get a new bank, bro. I don't care if your friend does work there. This whole drama is...well, you said it...retarded!

    ReplyDelete